Connect with us

  • Facebook - White Circle
  • Twitter - White Circle
  • LinkedIn - White Circle

Get in touch 0161 764 9944

Financial Options Group is a trading style of CJP Financial Services Ltd an appointed representative of Quilter Financial Services Limited and Quilter Mortgage Planning Limited, which are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Tax Planning, Employee Benefits. Estate Planning, Wills, Trusts, Lasting Powers of Attorney, Buy to let Mortgages and Commercial Mortgages are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, Quilter Financial Services Limited and Quilter Mortgage Planning Limited are entered on the FCA register (http://www.fca.org.uk/register/) under reference 440703 and 440718.

© Copyright The Financial Options Group | Privacy Policy

“Dress Down Friday” in support of Aplastic Anaemia Trust

We’re proud to be supporting the Aplastic Anaemia Trust as we enjoy casual Friday here at the Financial Options Group offices.


The charity holds a special place in the heart of one member of our team, since he, with the help of his family, has faced this condition, which affects between 150 and 200 people each year in the UK.


What is Aplastic Anaemia?


A rare condition in which the bone marrow fails to produce all three major types of blood cell, aplastic anaemia causes the body’s immune system to destroy cells in the bone marrow.


Most people affected are aged between 10 and 20 and 60 and 65, with 75% of cases having no obvious cause. The other 25% is usually attributed to recent exposure to certain medicines, chemicals and viruses.


Those suffering from the disease may experience anaemia (weakness / tiredness / dizziness), bleeding and bruising and inability to fight infection; the symptoms are caused by the lack of each type of blood cell as a result of the disease.


Continuous blood transfusions of each type of blood cell are required to fight the disease, while the ideal treatment is donor stem cell transplant, ie bone marrow transplant. This involves chemotherapy to remove the existing bone marrow and then enabling antibodies to stop the immune system rejecting the new bone marrow. This treatment offers a 75%-90% chance of a long term cure.


Aplastic Anaemia Trust


The only UK charity dedicated to advancing research into aplastic anaemia, the organisation also provides support to those affected by the disease nationally.


The charity works to enable vital research into the causes of aplastic anaemia and other rare bone marrow failures that ultimately leads to finding a cure, and to support those affected by them, so they can lead healthy and fulfilling lives.


Raising funds will help the charity to:


· Grow and develop the organisation.

· Support ground-breaking research that leads to a better understanding of aplastic anaemia and other rare bone marrow failures as well as improved treatments with better outcomes for patients.

· Provide every individual affected by aplastic anaemia

and other rare bone marrow failures with the information, and emotional and practical support they need.


“The Aplastic Anaemia Trust is an outstanding organisation, and very much a worthy cause to support. I am grateful that we are able to donate to them through Dress Down Day and look forward to supporting them through other events together with the Financial Options Group.” – Philip, Adviser Support Administrator


To learn more about the charity, visit https://www.theaat.org.uk/.